domingo, junio 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

This marks a momentous occasion. It is probably the first time I've been home for Father's Day in over 4 years. Yes, that is a very long time. And I'm still doing cards over the internet! I'm retarded.

My dad is great. I mean, who else grew up with trilobite fossils in their garage? He's a biology teacher. When my brother and I were little, we used to bring home shiny, interesting rocks. My dad would tell us what was quartz, rose quartz, limestone... One time we nabbed a huge rock from the woods near the public pool. It was larger than both our heads put together so we smashed it on the street and took home a few of the pieces. My dad never knew how we could find something like that just walking around the block - the rock had lots of shiny silvery specs called mica. It isn't valuable or anything. But it sure was exciting to know my dad thought the rock was unique. Thank you, Dad, for making NJ less boring and for having one of the best DVD collections I have ever seen!

My father, the man who jumps for joy when bread goes moldy (this means he can bring it to class!). This is not the best picture of us, but it is unfortunately the only one I have on this computer. My brother looks a bit ticked-off. This was taken at the airport, the one and only time I came to visit from Singapore.


Happy Father's Day!