domingo, febrero 25, 2007

KaBooOOM!!

Some Chinese New Year pictures from a very cold Boston...


Either my ears are ringing, I am still hearing the gongs and firecrackers through my window, or both. I forgot how loud it gets. Some people were smart enough to wear earplugs.

The look of those guys above just cracked me up. So macho! I think this is the same guy in the black from a different angle.


I love the guy with his gloves on trying to hold on to what is left of his hearing. This is also a picture of a very important lesson learned today. Next year, I put a scarf or bandana over my mouth. Firecracker smoke make you choke.


Here is that person who kind of conducts the lions. I don't know a hell of a lot about lion dances but they are cool to watch.

These are some people in my neighborhood. This is my street. See that sign in the upper right-hand corner that says 'Cocktail Jazz'? That's a restaurant called Chau Chau Dim Sum City. I live right above it. I like my hood. It's colorful.


BANG BANG BOOM! My apartment is literally vibrating with noise but I am very happy I don't live in some sleepy suburb.

My supermarket. I live 2 doors down to the left. You see the woman with the red t-shirt and jeans? She won't order me any more jars of Yeo's chicken curry sauce because she is fully stocked with other curry sauces that are not chicken-flavored. What is up with that? I try not to shop here because that woman seriously pisses me off. But recently it's been so cold that I don't exactly have much of a choice :(

Audience from above same supermarket. Too cute!

They are looking out from the second floor of a restaurant.
Gong xi fa cai! (or however you spell it...)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

wowieee, dese pictures are vreally good. da dis vuns got you velme dobre camera. dis vun looks like dey are gonna break out into a mosh pit.
i vant to visit da keet! maybe over spring break if i don't go home to da dis vuns. its da 11-17 of march. vee discuss dis, yish? daaa, i go sveep now!

12:16 a. m.  
Blogger LNR said...

Hay, matchiatku! Ydjeme moye doma!

12:21 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home